It has officially arrived and presents a significant sales opportunity for small to medium British businesses. Over half of small businesses in the UK say that they utilise Instagram as a tool to expand their business. Launched seven years ago, Instagram has over 800 million users, including 25 million businesses and two million advertisers. 80% of Instagrammers follow a business. Due to the success of Instagram as a promotional tool, over half of UK businesses have been able to expand their team. Shopping on Instagram allows people with a visual presentation to explore innovative products from the businesses they follow. Through easy access to pricing and product details, shoppers on Instagram can simply tap on a tagged post within a feed to purchase a product directly from the brand’s website. As many of our BSEEN participants create and market physical products such as drinks, food and cosmetics items, Instagram is an excellent platform to connect with consumers using visual aids. Due to the success of Instagram as a promotional tool, over half of UK businesses have been able to expand their team.
How to set up Instagram Shopping:
- Ensure Instagram application is up to date.
- Sync a product catalogue with Facebook Shop (Instagram pulls the Facebook product feed through)
- Authenticate your Instagram business account via its Facebook account.
- Choose a product catalogue to sync with Instagram for Instagram Shopping.
- Once set up, upload a photo as normal and the caption option will now allow you to tag both people and products.
- Select ‘tag products’ and in the search bar type the name of the product.
- Place the tag to the precise spot required on the photo as Instagram will pull in all product catalogue information from Facebook, including a link to your website from the photo.
- Press share to make it live.